1. Always wear your name tag. We love sticky name tags at The Chamber, so come prepared to include your first and last name as well as your company name.
2. Take plenty of business cards with you. Don’t give them out as handouts. Instead, present them as gifts after chatting with someone you don’t know.
3. Don’t be afraid to introduce yourself. Everyone is there for the same reason…to meet new people! Be prepared to introduce people you just met to others at the event.
4. Engage others in conversation by asking questions: What company do you work for? What do you do for them? Have a sincere interest in learning from other people.
5. Set a goal to collect at least 3 business cards from people at the event.
The main thing is just go and do it! The more you network, the easier it gets, the quicker the magic happens!